Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Review: The Scorpio Races

The Scorpio Races The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Thank you, Maggie Stiefvater, for this hauntingly beautiful love story. Love between family members, love of home, love of life, love of beloved pets/magnificent creatures... this book showcases so many different kinds of love. And it accomplishes that with polish, grace, and realism.

While this book was amazing, I had to take away a star because for the first 60-80% of the book, it felt so slow, and you don't get the payoff from that slow burn until you get to the final bit. Don't get me wrong, it's totally worth it, and it was the absolute best and most majestic way it could have gone (and needed to go), but it was hard to see until you're completely done.

Please don't judge/hate/troll me, Stiefvaterites!

Like I said in my last status update for this book -- This might have been my first Stiefvater book, but it definitely will not be my last.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment