Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Review: Crooked Kingdom

Crooked Kingdom Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I really love the world and the characters Leigh Bardugo has created -- this duology makes me want to go back and read the Grisha trilogy (which is upcoming on my to-read, for anyone wondering, so no need to pester me to go read it)... but...

One major event in this book felt so needless, out of place, lacking emotional/plot payoff, that I just can't give it all the stars I might have given it.

So, if another story/book comes out that takes the fallout from this event and makes it MEAN SOMETHING, then I'll come back and revise this review. Otherwise, meh. Not pleased.

It lost another star because, well, honestly, Kaz's incessant "one-step ahead, but that won't be revealed until the last second each time" just didn't feel realistic. I mean, seriously, aren't these characters teenagers fighting adults with years more experience and knowledge, etc?

Still loved the duology... and this cast of characters!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment