Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Friday, October 14, 2016

Review: Archangel's Consort

Archangel's Consort Archangel's Consort by Nalini Singh
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Meh. This was one big ball of meh. I REALLY liked the first two. I was very disappointed with how this one felt like plot scenes were second thoughts and built around the sex scenes. Here's a rundown:

-go out and smell bodies
-sex
-talk to friend/sister
-sex
-train for flying/fighting
-sex
-repeat, repeat, repeat
-oh, crap, I didn't put a real plot in, okay, ummm, his mom and the Chinese super creepy angel thingy at the end!
-probably more sex

It wouldn't have been as annoying had the sex been remotely hot (which, to be fair, is an uphill battle for the author trying to make a gay man think any hooha language is hot), but instead, she uses flowery language that makes it ridiculous. Honestly, he's shoving manhood into her sheath all the way to the hilt, and later he's quivering at the "entrance to her body" and... come on. Ridiculous descriptions.

Then we have to go and mention her damn "mortal heart" over and over... we get it. We were there with her when what happened happened. It doesn't need to be brought up every two pages!

I'll try book 4, since it's a break from Elena and Raphael and shows some backstory for a very intriguing character... but if I didn't like the characters as much as I do, I'd be done at this point.

If not for Illium (serious book crush!), some family progress, and finally more scenes (not enough though) with her hunter friends/family, it would have been a two star for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment