Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Review: We Are for the Dark

We Are for the Dark We Are for the Dark by Gretchen McNeil
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Thanks to Netgalley and DAW for the pre-release copy of We Are For the Dark by Gretchen McNeil. Below is my honest review.

Let's start with the pros:

Awesome setting - creepy, atmospheric, mysterious, gives that preternatural eerie feeling of dread from the start.

Good characters - the two MCs are developed and have some depth to them

Twisty plot with decent pacing

And the cons:

Predictable, unsatisfying ending

I like this author a lot, having enjoyed her YA horror/thriller TEN and absolutely loving her 2025 adult horror release They Fear Not Men in the Woods, which is an epic banger of a novel and you need to go read it immediately.

I'm glad she's branched into adult horror (get it, branched, after I just mentioned the book with "in the Woods" in the title???), and I hope she keeps going with it. But alas, this one wasn't my favorite of hers.

3.5 stars, rounded down to 3.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment