Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Review: A Thousand Monstrous Forms

A Thousand Monstrous Forms A Thousand Monstrous Forms by Saratoga Schaefer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Thanks to Netgalley and Crooked Lane for the pre-release copy of A Thousand Monstrous Forms by Saratoga Schaefer. Below is my honest review.

ALL THE STARS. If I could give more than five, I would. I'd give them all.

This one was SO GOOD. A modern day sapphic retelling of Bluebeard isn't at all what I would have expected to be one of my favorite reads of the year, but it absolutely was. I loved Schaefer's Serial Killer Support Group, and this one makes that one look downright average (and it's not average at all!). I skipped Trad Wife because it didn't seem up my alley, but Schaefer is two for two for me at this point, so I think I'll have to go back and catch up on that one. She's going on my "absolutely heck yeah insta-request/insta-buy" list.

The characters were deep. The atmosphere was IMPECCABLE. The tension was palpable. The buildup and pacing were perfection.

Highly recommend. HIGHLY.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment