Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Review: The Warm Hands of Ghosts

The Warm Hands of Ghosts The Warm Hands of Ghosts by Katherine Arden
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Thanks to Netgalley and Ballantine Del Rey for the advanced copy of this one. Below is my honest review.

Katherine Arden was an instant request when I saw her newest book on Netgalley. Her series about Russian magic, starting with the Bear and the Nightingale, is absolutely divine, so I was pumped for this one.

Alas, it didn't quite live up to my expectations - which might be unfair of me to go in with them, considering this is a new book in a new world from Arden, but I couldn't help it. Really cool concept, really cool villain, a little repetitive and dragged for a large portion of the book. But it's still good - it's Katherine Arden after all! And of course, I'll still pick up her next novel.

3.5 stars rounded up.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment