Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Review: 10 Hours to Go

10 Hours to Go 10 Hours to Go by Keely Parrack
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Thanks to Netgalley and SOURCEBOOKS Fire for gifting me an advanced copy. Below is my honest review.

This YA suspense is an intense look into the flames of friendships and the sparks of old grudges. As these three girls start their ten hour journey home, old issues between them come cropping back up, but what starts as a potential prank is quickly swapped for a situation much more dangerous when local wildfires threaten not only their path home, but their very ability to make to through the night.

While I enjoyed the writing and think the author did a great job pushing the girls through the dangers of the night, I didn't love this one. It felt like there was a lot of hemming and hawing about past grudges, but then when it came down to it, the reveal was just meh. And while the fires definitely added a lot of tension and some great situational drama, but there was some wasted potential with the dropping of the "other people are dangerous" storyline. We got this whole situation with the scary guy and the disappearing people, but then it just got dropped completely.

All in all, if you enjoy some good character tension and environmental suspense with a YA spin, then you'll really enjoy this one. I think the author is great and will definitely try their next novel to see their growth.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment