Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Review: The Book of Doors

The Book of Doors The Book of Doors by Gareth Brown
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Thanks to Netgalley and William Morrow for the early copy of this novel. Below is my honest review.

As I started this one, I wasn't sure I was going to like it. There were a few repetitive phrases going on and an entire paragraph was in there twice, written two different ways. There was also some head-hopping within the same scene that was a bit distracting.

But after the first few chapters, the writing improved and the story really gripped me. The concept of the books with powers was super cool, and was really intriguing. Then you throw in the very twisty plot that could have been confusing but was well-plotted and clear.

I'm hoping we get a sequel. This one was fun.

Definitely recommended - pick it up if you like superpowers/magical artifacts and twisty plots. nd twisty plotting!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment