Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Review: The Atlas Maneuver

The Atlas Maneuver The Atlas Maneuver by Steve Berry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Thanks to Netgalley and Grand Central for the pre-release copy. Below is my honest review.

I have a few things to praise about this one: I learned a lot about bitcoin and blockchain from this one, which was kinda cool as it's not something I knew much about. We also got more Cassiopeia Vitt, along with the return of Koger and TOO from recent previous stories. More Vitt = happy me. We also got a bit of backstory about Cotton's not-so-good history, meeting an old flame from the past, which was interesting.

I do have a few complaints as well. First, there wasn't enough Stephanie Nelle. I miss her! Second, Vitt and Cotton were separated the whole book, which sucked. Third, there were SO MANY SENTENCE FRAGMENTS, and so many of them starting with "which." Seriously, I don't recall Berry's work being this poor level of grammar before. Maybe there were lots of sentence fragments in previous books and my mind blocked them out, but this time there were so many that it took me out of the story over and over, making it hard to binge.

3.5 stars rounded up. Definitely still recommend for fans of the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment