Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Review: Three Slices

Three Slices Three Slices by Kevin Hearne
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Iron Druid short story: A Prelude to War
3 Stars
I'm not sure what happened to Iron Druid, but I loved it at the beginning, and the farther along it's gotten and the more time passes in between, I just don't love it anymore. I still like it. It's still entertaining. I really love Oberon and Granuaile and the deities and even Atticus, though.

This short story was decent. Not great. Felt kinda rushed. And the whole cheese-o-mancy was a little, well, cheesy.

**I skipped the Blud short story for now, as I've not read that series yet. But it's on my to-read, so maybe one day?**

Miriam Black short story: Interlude: The Swallow
4.5 stars
I love Miriam Black. I just do. She's got a cool power, she's strong and flawed and on some levels relatable, and she f*cking curses like a drunken horny sailor. Seriously, potty potty potty mouth!

This quick tale also felt a little rushed, but had a good story and some characters that were pretty neat. So I enjoyed it, of course. Did I mention her hilarious potty mouth?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment