Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Monday, September 19, 2016

Review: The Purloined Poodle

The Purloined Poodle The Purloined Poodle by Kevin Hearne
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

So Iron Druid hasn't entirely been my top favorite UF series. The first two entries were totally amazeballs, but after that, they've teetered close into the "meh" category. I feel like Kevin Hearne's split focus and working on his epic fantasy kinda left Iron Druid out in the cold on putting quality time into it.

All that being said, this little nugget was highly entertaining... mostly because, well, Oberon is the bee's knees. Seriously, he's probably the best part about the entire series.
Let's examine a few quotes as proof:

"But the boxer was kind of like Tybalt, this Prince of Cats Atticus was telling me about" (WHO DOESN'T LOVE OCTOBER DAYE REFERENCES???)

"I mean, it's a bona fide, certified fact that I am hashtag-blessed in the fighting department"

"He seems like the type to have a basement with lots of plastic sheeting on the walls and floors, you know what I mean?"

"Okay. Is this linear time or a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff?" (WHO DOESN'T LOVE DOCTOR WHO REFERENCES???)

All in all, thanks to Netgalley and the publishers for this three-point-five-star-rounded-up-to-four-star read. :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment