Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Review: Shadow Heir

Shadow Heir Shadow Heir by Richelle Mead
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

With the Winter Enchantment and the travelling and intrigue, this one had the potential to be my favorite of the series. Unfortunately, the last 15% or so killed it for me. I now understand why everyone was disappointed with the ending.

This book lost two and a half stars strictly because, well, Eugenie is a hypocritical bitch. Completely unlikeable, chock full of double standard bullshit, and ugh... I just can't even.

I could understand some parts of the end, but Eugenie's choice regarding a very important truth was just too far. Her decisions in prior books have been cringeworthy, especially when it came to breaking up with one of her two men "in her head"... but this just takes the cake.

Such a shame, because by the end, I liked all the supporting cast (outside of Kiyo/Maiwenn), especially Jasmine and Dorian.

Blah. Two and a half stars, rounded up ONLY because of characters like Jasmine and Dorian.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment