Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Review: The Obsidian Chamber

The Obsidian Chamber The Obsidian Chamber by Douglas Preston
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

First, thanks to Netgalley and Grand Central Publishing for providing me with a copy in exchange for a review!

This book was one plot twist after another... and it seriously relied on the reader having partaken in most of the prior 15 books. Unlike many of the others in the series, which can be read on their own without much series spoilage or backstory needed, this one really brought back a LOT of elements of so many of the prior books and tied up a bunch of stories. Of course, it also left a lot hanging, but that's the fun of a series book -- until the author states the end is nigh, you know more is coming.

Other than making sure that other readers know that this one is definitely a "read-the-others-first" entry in the series, I can't say much about the story because, well, saying more would seriously spoil multiple books worth of twists, cliffhangers, and mysteries.

I absolutely love this series, and Obsidian Chamber was no exception to that love.

Pick up this series. You've got a lot of great books to catch up on if you do. :)


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment