Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Review: Hemlock Island

Hemlock Island Hemlock Island by Kelley Armstrong
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Thanks to Netgalley and St. Martin's Press for gifting me with an early copy of this novel. Below you'll find my honest review.

Kelley Armstrong is one of my immediate go-tos when it comes to books. Pretty much everything she writes is a resounding YES from me, and Hemlock Island is no different.

Kelley's first foray into full-length horror (she has a history of horror shorts in anthologies) is gripping and tense, dark and atmospheric, with a pace that will drive you to keep on reading late into the night.

While I must add some content warnings here (sexual assault, gore), the book is a typical horror in that it doesn't shy away from tough subjects, and in King-esque fashion, really builds on the history of who these characters are, deep inside, to push the story forward.

I did feel a little unsatisfied with certain aspects of the ending, so it was a four star read for me, but if you're a fan of horror, Kelley Armstrong, or well-developed characters in an absolutely perfect setting, then this one is for you. Definitely recommended.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment