Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Review: The Seventh Plague

The Seventh Plague The Seventh Plague by James Rollins
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This one fell a little (just slightly) flat for me. I really enjoyed that Safia al-Maaz was back -- we haven't seen her since the very first book in the series, Sandstorm, and she was a great character in that book. Unfortunately, in this installment, I kind of felt like most of the main characters were cardboard cutouts of themselves. Seichan and Kowalski showed a little personality, but it wasn't near as much as in previous books in the series. I also didn't feel much of a connection to the newly introduced characters like I usually do.

Luckily for Rollins, his ability to tell a rollicking fun adventure hasn't waned, and the exotic locales and crazy explosions helped.

All in all, still a typical enjoyable and fun Rollins novel, just not the best that the series has to offer.

3.5 stars rounded up. (Please note that some health issues and stress might have also taken away from my enjoyment of this novel!)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment