Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Friday, December 9, 2016

Review: Midnight Blue-Light Special

Midnight Blue-Light Special Midnight Blue-Light Special by Seanan McGuire
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It's becoming a habit to post reviews for Seanan McGuire books with five stars. It's almost reflex -- because she's never let me down so far... I've never reviewed her less than four stars! She's just THAT good. And she's a prolific writer, putting out instllments in multiple series AND short stories EVERY YEAR. Do yourself a favor and pick up some Seanan!

Midnight Blue-Light Special really kicked the danger up a notch! It brought more development in a diverse (literally, a bunch of different kinds of monsters = diverse) cast of characters, and I loved every minute of it. It was a thrill ride.

I've grown to love Verity and the group of Manhattanites in the first two books, so I'm a little sad that, for now at least, we're taking a side trip to Verity's brother in the next book... but Seanan has crafted such an amazing world (and as said above is such a good writer) that I trust her in the shift.

On to book three... next week! (Reading this with my Wednesday UF buddies over at Buddies, Books, and Baubles)... short stories will tide me over, right? :D

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment