Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Monday, June 8, 2015

Blood Infernal by James Rollins and Rebecca Cantrell

Blood Infernal by James Rollins and Rebecca Cantrell
Published 2015, William Morrow
Stars: ★★★★★

This was it.  This was the end... the end of the apocalyptic trilogy by James Rollins, one of my favorite authors, and his co-author Rebecca Cantrell.  And I must say I'm disappointed... not in the quality of the book, but in the fact that it's OVER.  James Rollins is an expert at adventure/action/techno-thrillers.  I mean it when I say that.  I preorder the hardcover of every new book of his that comes out.  I'm addicted like nobody's business.  This was really his first foray into another of my favorite genres: urban fantasy.  And now it's over...

James, you've made it hard for me to be satisified with just your Sigma Force series when I know you're capable of mixing such great urban fantasy into your work.  I guess I'll have to pick up your fantasy series written under your other pseudonym, James Clemens.

Anywho, enough of that digression.  This story picks up a little while after the second book ended, finding each of our three prophesied-trio-protags working together, well, by working alone.  Of course, their threads end up tying together again, leading them on a world-crossing adventure to stop the very dark angel of history himself, Lucifer, from rising and changing the world as we know it.  They're facing off against Legion, a demon who can possess multiple darkness-tainted creatures at once and control them and see through their eyes. 

Very explosive ending to a really fun trilogy.  The trilogy isn't without it's flaws, and it has some stereotypical issues that the genre typically faces -- like characters being on the brink of death multiple times but it all working out... but there are reasons for it.

Plus, my favorite character, the Countess, gets more development in this one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment