Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Review: I Was a Teenage Slasher

I Was a Teenage Slasher I Was a Teenage Slasher by Stephen Graham Jones
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Thanks to Netgalley and Saga Press for the pre-release copy of I Was a Teenage Slasher. This is my honest review.

This was my first Stephen Graham Jones, and it definitely made me want to pick up the Indian Lake Trilogy sooner than my planned schedule. (Yes, I plan my reads. Yes, I have a spreadsheet. Don't judge me.)

The concept and execution of this one are really interesting. Honestly, the twists are made known straight from the beginning, but getting there is quite entertaining. I loved the whole "slasher is an infection" idea, and Jones really nailed a great story, which is shocking when so much information is revealed right at the start.

I don't want to spoil much, but I think if you like slasher movies and horror, you'll enjoy this one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment