Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Review: Sign Here

Sign Here Sign Here by Claudia Lux
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Thanks to Berkley and Netgalley for the advanced copy. Below is my honest review.

I was sold when I read the blurb for this one. A worker from Hell who makes Faustian deals as a main character? Yes, please. A family with dark secrets as some of his targets? Yes, please. A character named after Legend of Zelda? Yes, please.

This one had great plotting - the reveals were just at the right times, the character development was spot on, the darkness of the secrets was sufficiently deep. There were some twists that were, well, predictable, but it didn't take away from my enjoyment of watching it play out on the page. In fact, this would have been a five star read for me in spite of that, if not for what, to me, feels like a very abrupt ending that didn't provide the most satisfying ending after building emotional connections with these characters throughout the book. Thus, I had to make it a four star rating.

Overall though, it was compelling and hard to put down, and I am now hankering to get my hands on any other Faustian deal books I can find. :)

Definitely recommended - and I'll definitely read more Claudia Lux.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment