Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Review: Archangel's Resurrection

Archangel's Resurrection Archangel's Resurrection by Nalini Singh
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Thanks to Berkley and Netgalley for the advanced copy! The following review is my honest opinion.

Oh, man, that ominous title got me!

I really enjoy Nalini Singh's Guild Hunter series. It's creative and fun, and I'm invested in a lot of the relationships. I was especially hoping that this one would be part two of the 'ship from the previous book, which progressed a lot slower and didn't go as far, romance wise, as the couple's usually do in these books. That being said, when I found out it was Alexander and Zanaya, I was a little disappointed. But I enjoyed this story too, and the long history of "Xander and Zani."

The current timeline plot was good too - a dark force rises from the grave (no spoilers!)... but what I really struggled with was the way this book was structured compared to others. In most of the books, if there is history between the characters, we see flashbacks sprinkled throughout the modern day storyline. In this one, it started waaaaaay back in the day at their very beginning, and the first 40% or so of the book was their history, with minimal reference to the current events. It made for a slow, slow start, in my opinion.

I also struggled with Alexander and Zanaya's on-again, off-again relationship and constant repetition of the issues that they faced in their relationship. It got very tiresome to have the same thoughts and feelings dredged up over and over and over. We got it the first few times.

All in all, I still love this series and will definitely continue, but this one was a weak entry for me. Three and a half stars, rounded down. I absolutely still recommend this series, and don't suggest skipping any, this one included.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment