Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Review: Soul Taken

Soul Taken Soul Taken by Patricia Briggs
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Thank you to Netgalley and Berkley for gifting me an advanced copy. Below I provide my honest review.

Seriously, everyone... this one is GOOD. It has some major implications for the series and some huge stakes. If I had to sum up this book's theme in one word, it would be Connections. Mercy learns so much more about the pack bonds, about vampire bonds, about fae bonds. Relationships are revealed and created and strengthened. Events are shown to be related to each other. Connections all around.

This one has some horror elements, which I loved. If you're not a fan of horror, that's okay, but this one is still along the lines of the rest of the series.

I need the next one now!!! Next year we get another Mercy book, and I am foaming at the mouth in anticipation! (I'm also super excited about the Alpha and Omega book in 2024... but I also still want that hinted at Tom and Moira book! Maybe that will be a story in the upcoming 2023 Instincts anthology? Fingers crossed!)

Highly recommended for fans of Urban Fantasy... but please please please read the rest of the series first!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment