Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Review: Iron Crowned

Iron Crowned Iron Crowned by Richelle Mead
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I enjoyed the storyline in this one, but I just felt like, after reading so many of Richelle Mead's VA and Bloodlines books, that this series is less polished in its execution.

The whole ghost/murder mystery background story felt unnecessary, a lot of things felt repetitive (oh, look, I am spending more time in the Otherworld now... over and over and over)...

And the back and forth between Dorian and Kiyo is giving me whiplash. He's bad, I want that one. No, wait, that one is bad, I want this one. Oh, no, I was right before, I want the first one, the second one is bad....

And, sorry, Eugenie, sweetie, your justifications for your actions don't fly with me.

Overall, I still enjoyed the book and am enjoying the series. I'm just disappointed to see that not all her work is as awesome as prior reads.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment