Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Monday, August 10, 2015

Blightborn by Chuck Wendig

Blightborn by Chuck Wendig
Published 2014, Skyscape
Stars: ★★★★☆

Thanks, Netgalley, for giving me this great Chuck book in exchange for an unbiased review... though it's hard to be unbiased when Chuck is so awesome!!!

Seriously, this one kicked it up a notch... actually, way past a notch.  Our heroes and heroines got deeper into trouble, a few new characters were introduced, and some allegiances changed back and forth a few times.

This series is proving to be further and further from being what I thought it would be, based off my pre-judgments and the cover (strictly sci-fi, if you were wondering), and is turning out to be a handful of genres deftly joined into a fantastic world.

Book three is next up (okay, at the time of this, I'm a quarter of the way into book three already).  Let's see if the end of the trilogy is as explosive as the end of book two.

No comments:

Post a Comment