Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Review: Horror Movie

Horror Movie Horror Movie by Paul Tremblay
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Thanks to Netgalley and William Morrow for the pre-release copy. Below is my honest review.

This one was a real treat. I am really impressed by Paul Tremblay in this one. I've previously only read one - The Cabin at the End of the World - and enjoyed it, but this one was a major step up. I'd go so far as to call it a Master Class in horror. It's got the perfect amount of slow burn tension buildup, hints dropping left and right about what happened in the past and intermingled in between stuff going on in the present.

I loved the format - there were "Now" sections and "Then" sections, and some of the passages were scenes cut out of the screenplay for the titular Horror Movie. I loved that you're left wondering throughout the book what's happened, what is the driving force, and I loved that the end really nailed the landing.

Highly recommended for fans of horror, horror movies, slow burns with the perfect amount of tension, and really compelling vibes. 5 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment