Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Review: Mister Magic

Mister Magic Mister Magic by Kiersten White
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Thanks to Netgalley and RHPG Ballantine Del Rey for gifting me an early copy. Below you'll find my honest review.

I absolutely loved Hide, so when I got news of Mister Magic, I was so excited! This one is a little less horror and a lot more paranormal mystery, with sides of trust issues, childhood trauma, and blocked memories.

I really loved the characters in this one - you could feel their bonds (and the wounds to those bonds) through the pages. You knew that you both could and couldn't trust any of them, which made for a really fun read.

Honestly, one of the things I loved about it is the allegory that it is to the author finding her way out of a very controlling and strict religion, and how it was subtle in the story and then made obvious in her acknowledgements.

Highly recommended, and I'll read any more of her adult books the instant I can lay my hands on them. I also want to catch up on her YA catalogue.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment