Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Review: Dark Corners

Dark Corners Dark Corners by Megan Goldin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Thanks to Netgalley and St. Martin's Press for the gifted early copy. Below is my honest review.

I really like Rachel Krall! This is the second book about her from Megan Goldin and the fourth Goldin book I've read overall. Loved them all!

In this one, Rachel finds herself pulled into a seemingly random investigation due to the words of a random prisoner doing time, who also happens to be a suspected serial killer. FBI agent Joe Martinez brings her into, hoping her presence will get the prisoner to talk in another case. Of course, things go completely bonkers from there, and it turns out that the web is much more tangly than previously suspected.

The killer in this one is terrifying and disgusting, and it really makes you think about how often you trust strangers.

Definitely give this one a read. I don't feel like it really gave anything away from the first in the series, but I always recommend reading all books in a series first. I think you could get away with not reading it in this case, but why would you skip the first one when it's good too?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment