Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Thursday, January 12, 2023

Review: City Under One Roof

City Under One Roof City Under One Roof by Iris Yamashita
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Thanks to Netgalley and Berkley for gifting me an early copy. Below is my honest review.

First, I have to say - I love the cover!

This is the author's debut novel, as most of her writing career has been screenwriting. I'm glad she branched out because I really enjoyed this debut.

The setting was fantastic. I love a good isolated mystery/thriller, and this one definitely was an intriguing locale. It's a tiny town in Alaska. There are multiple buildings, but most of those are closed down, and the people of the town all live in one giant condo building. There are tunnels to outer structures as well. Honestly, it's the perfect setting for a creepy thriller.

The setup was also fantastic - both the introduction of the mystery (body parts scattered on the beach!) and the introduction of the main players.

My only complaint is that the killer's identity became pretty evident, but the way the ending took turn after turn, it's not really a very big complaint!

All in all, I greatly enjoyed this one. Definitely recommended, and will absolutely pick up the sequel when it releases.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment