Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Friday, September 30, 2022

Review: The Sacrifice

The Sacrifice The Sacrifice by Rin Chupeco
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Thanks to Sourcebooks Fire and Netgalley for the advanced copy. Below is my honest review.

I was really in the mood for a good horror novel, and this one fit the bill.

Deep in the wilds of the Philippines lies a mysterious island, said to be cursed and home to a god, waiting for sacrifices to awaken and remake the world. Young Alon and their dog are the only locals willing to step foot on this island, full of things seen only out of the corner of the eye, so when a film crew swoops in to make a documentary of the sordid history of strange occurrences and deaths, Alon steps in to help guide them in an attempt to quell the spirits of the island's desires. Thing is, not everyone who came along is there to be respectful, and inner demons will clash with outer ones in this dark tale of secrets and judgment.

Also really liked the multiple forms of representation in this book. It was really well done.

I just wanted a little bit more, so four and a half stars, rounded to four.

Definitely still impressed with this one, and absolutely want to pick up more of this author's works.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment