Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Friday, July 17, 2015

Mistborn: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson

Mistborn: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson
Published 2006, Tor
Stars: ★★★★★

Way to go Sanderson. You did it to me yet again.

Yet again I go in slow, learn the world, and hesitate to love your characters... because I know, somehow, you're going to make me invest in them and then RIP MY HEART OUT.

Really cool world, super-developed and original magic system, great characters, heart-breaking but logical and shoulda-seen-that-one-coming twists, and an overall sense of atmosphere and connection that makes me long to have even a fraction of Sanderson's talent as a writer and world-creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment