Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Friday, February 23, 2018

Review: Red Sister

Red Sister Red Sister by Mark Lawrence
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

So I don't usually enjoy much high/epic/dark/true fantasy, what with urban fantasy being my fantasy of choice, but occasionally I break outside my box and take a shot. I got an ARC of book two for this one, so I figured I might as well attempt book one... and it blew me away. Lawrence has created a relatively easy to understand world that still has depth and mystery. He's introduced us to a cast of characters both diverse and detailed and full of vitality and personality. He's brought forth a really neat magic system slightly reminiscent of a Sanderson magic system (maybe not quite as deep as a Sanderson one).

Nona is kickass. The characters aren't all who you think they are. Some have hidden wells of strength. Some have secret motives. Some have depths beyond their shallow exterior.

Wasn't sure if I'd enjoy this book, and now I'm glad I picked it up. Book two ARC on deck for March, and now I'm super excited about it. :)

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to read something by Mark Lawrence. This sounds like a great place to start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one was VERY good. I was highly impressed. :) and book two comes out soon!

    Thanks for commenting :)

    ReplyDelete