Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Friday, July 3, 2015

A Room Full of Bones by Elly Griffiths

A Room Full of Bones by Elly Griffiths
Published 2012, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Stars: ★★★★☆ (3.5)

3.5 stars

I'm having a hard time deciding just what to rate this between 3 and 4 stars, so I'm going to settle on 3.5 stars.

Storywise, I feel like it was a pretty week entry in the series.  There were a LOT of plot strings in this one, and while it's nice that they all didn't end up being the same culprit/storyline, they made for a tangled mess at certain points.  Also, the plot twist was interesting.  Not what I expected, but also made for a little bit of a letdown in terms of solving a whodunnit.  Thus, 3 stars of "like it" but not "love it" quality.

On the other hand, there was quite a bit of development in many of the characters, Ruth, Cathbad, Nelson, Michelle, Max, Judy, Clough, etc.  I'm a big fan of character growth and development (one primary reason I love series so much), so this tempted me to make it 4 stars.

All around, still entertaining, so a little more than liked it, a little less than loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment