Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Review: Sleep Tight

Sleep Tight Sleep Tight by J.H. Markert
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Thanks to Netgalley and Crooked Lane for the pre-release copy of Sleep Tight. Below is my honest review.

I haven't read anything by JH Markert before, but I think he's definitely going on my "to read more" list.

This one opens the day of a criminal execution, and pretty much zooms forward at a breakneck pace the rest of the book. It was a lot of fun to read (not a lot of fun for the characters to live out LOL).

I think my biggest gripe was the not-so-likable main character. I mean, who knows they're racing to find their daughter, kidnapped and in danger, and still pops some pills, potentially lowering their own ability to do what is necessary to get their kid back?

All in all, it seemed to be a movie screen-play turned into a book, and I'd love to see the movie.

Four stars, recommended for fans of mystery/thriller, cults, and gritty cop dramas.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment