Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Review: An Academy for Liars

An Academy for Liars An Academy for Liars by Alexis Henderson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Thanks to Netgalley and Berkley for the pre-release copy of An Academy for Liars. Below is my honest review.

Alexis Henderson really knows how to set up a new world. She's an expert, even. This one is no exception. Receiving a random entrance call like a letter from Hogwarts, the school for persuasion happens to have its own secret hideaway domain, out of view of the eyes of the rest of the world. From the phone call in the abandoned booth to the final paragraph, An Academy for Liars gripped my attention in a chokehold and wouldn't let go.

If you haven't read Henderson's works, this one is a fine place to start. I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I did. I can't say much more without spoiling things, but be prepared for some magic school fun and a lotta bit of darkness. Definitely recommended for fans of dark magical realist academia stories.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment