Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Review: Angel of Vengeance

Angel of Vengeance Angel of Vengeance by Douglas Preston
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Thanks to Netgalley and Grand Central for the pre-release copy of Angel of Vengeance. Below is my honest review.

Let's get one thing straight here: I'm a LONG-TIME Pendergast stan... like, 20 years I've been following this series kind of fan.

Angel of Vengeance ties up the trilogy started with Bloodless and continued in The Cabinet of Dr. Leng, and it concludes with a BANG. I really can't spoil anything here, but this one definitely brought the trilogy to a satisfying close. There's only one small thing that bothers me, and I can't say what that is because I don't want to spoil even the tiniest of things, especially because all in all, it's not really a huge deal.

I love the twists and turns in this one, and how they have to outsmart their vile ancestor with schemes within schemes. I love Constance's humanity in this one - her unwavering thirst for vengeance and desire to protect her loved ones. I loved Diogenes' semi-redemptive arc in this one... but seriously, Doug and Linc, we're going to need a new spinoff because of the events of this book.

I just really loved this one. Coupled with The Cabinet of Dr. Leng as two parts of a story that is set up by the machine introduced in Bloodless, this book duo really shows that even after all of these years, Preston and Child are still at the top of their game (even if I still think Bloodless is one of my least favorites in the entire series, these two more than made up for that).

Highly recommended, but seriously, don't start here. This is book 22. Not a good place to jump in, fellow readers.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment