Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Review: The Last Murder at the End of the World

The Last Murder at the End of the World The Last Murder at the End of the World by Stuart Turton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Thanks to Netgalley and SOURCEBOOKS Landmark for the pre-release copy.

This one was a wild ride. I'm not sure how Stuart Turton comes up with his over-the-top, super creative premises, but he absolutely knows how to create a twisty murder mystery with a wacky, never-before-seen world.

If you've read The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle, then you know what I'm referring to. It's an entirely new take on a murder mystery, and was so conceptually entertaining. I haven't picked up his second novel, the one about pirates, but when I saw this one hit Netgalley, I had to request it.

This one is another high-concept mystery, this time taking place in the future when technology has allowed for some amazing innovations but the world has ended because some of those inventions didn't work out right. There's an AI character, too.

All in all, there was some predictability to the solution, but the execution was so original that that didn't bother me at all.

Highly recommended for fans of futuristic/dystopian sci-fi and murder mysteries. 4 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment