Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Review: Lone Women

Lone Women Lone Women by Victor LaValle
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Thanks to Netgalley and Random House - One World for gifting me an early copy of this book. Below, you'll find my honest review.

This one starts off with a bang... Adelaide, the main character, is leaving her home and her life behind to head out west and try to start a new life on a land claim. And even her exit is eventful!

Once she hits the west, things begin to happen that have you wondering what's going on, with just enough information coming at you to keep you interested. Eventually, the trunk full of secrets is burst wide open, and the you know what hits the fan.

As Adelaide begins to let people into her heart, antagonistic forces surround her from all sides, threatening this new life she's building for herself.

I'd read The Ballad of Black Tom by this author last year, and was glad to be approved for this novel, as I've wanted to read more of LaValle's work. I'll definitely be reading the rest of his novels!

Highly recommended for horror/thriller fans, western with a twist fans, and fans of strong female protagonists.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment