Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Friday, February 24, 2023

Review: The Writing Retreat

The Writing Retreat The Writing Retreat by Julia Bartz
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Thanks to Netgalley and Atria for gifting me an early copy. Below is my honest review.

What a debut! This book had everything - intrigue, mystery, danger, a bit of supernatural storytelling, and a WHOLE LOT OF TWISTS.

As an aspiring writer myself, this one hit home pretty hard. Starting with the main character's writer's block, followed by the desire to lock myself up somewhere for a month and shut out the world to finish something, it felt like a dream. But it quickly turned into a nightmare.

Part of this story is watching it unfold, and I really don't feel right saying much more because it'll ruin the experience. Let's just say - this was one fun read, and totally worth picking up.

My only real complaint? The majority of the characters felt like teenagers instead of adults, and it felt kinda YA.

4.5 stars rounded up.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment