Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Friday, February 24, 2023

Review: Murder at Haven's Rock

Murder at Haven's Rock Murder at Haven's Rock by Kelley Armstrong
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Thanks to Netgalley and St. Martin's Press for gifting me an advanced copy. I really enjoyed the book and decided to give my honest review, which is below.

When I heard that The Deepest of Secrets was the last Rockton book, I was devastated. I LOVE that series. LOVE. But then I found out there would be a spinoff, based off of the events of Deepest of Secrets, and I was ecstatic.

This one picks up where The Deepest of Secrets leaves off, with a brief time jump forward. The new Rockton, Haven's Rock, is almost complete, but of course, that means that it's time for murder! Casey, Eric, and the gang must work together to solve a new murder in their future new home.

This one was a tangled web of plot spaghetti, but I loved it. It wasn't predictable, and it had some great "gotcha" moments.

Definitely highly recommended, and while it explains enough that a new reader could jump in here, I'd recommend reading the Rockton books first. You'll appreciate the story more with all of the history.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment