Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Review: The Hungry Dark

The Hungry Dark The Hungry Dark by Jen Williams
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Thanks to Netgalley and Crooked Lane for gifting me an advanced copy. Below you'll find my honest review.

Thanks to Jen Williams, now I want to read more books about "fake psychics" with actual powers, and I'm not entirely sure where to find more!

I really liked this one. It checked a lot of boxes for me - creepy old house, ghostly apparitions, mystery, powers, characters with fleshed out histories...

While I did figure out the "twist" at the end long before I got there, I still think it was well done and quite a fun book to read. There were some repetitive things and some slow paced sections for me, so coupled with figuring out the big moment, I decided to give it four stars.

I'll definitely be picking up more from Jen Williams and highly recommend this book to horror/mystery/paranormal/creepy ghost story fans.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment