Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Review: A Haunting in the Arctic

A Haunting in the Arctic A Haunting in the Arctic by C.J. Cooke
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Thanks to Netgalley and Berkley for providing me with a copy of this novel prior to release. Below you'll find my honest review.

So, this one was a hard one to review. Mostly because it was insanely compelling and hard to put down, but had one major glaring issue - the twist is sooooo obvious. Like, neon lights big enough to see from space pointing at the twist saying "HERE! LOOK!" kind of obvious.

But the two timeline stories unfolding chapter by chapter, with a third timeline woven throughout with research notes, etc, really were so interesting to read. I was invested in both of the main storylines and just couldn't fight that "okay one more chapter" feeling late into the night.

There are also some MAJOR trigger warnings for this one when it comes SA/R scenes, so be aware going in if these things are difficult for you to read.

All in all, the twist being obvious didn't take away from the compelling nature of the read or the desire to see how and when the reveal would happen, so I rated this one highly.

Definitely recommend to fans of supernatural mysteries set in cold, remote climates and hauntings.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment