Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Monday, October 2, 2023

Review: Black River Orchard

Black River Orchard Black River Orchard by Chuck Wendig
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Thanks to Netgalley and Random House Ballantine - Del Rey for gifting me an early copy of Chuck Wendig's Black River Orchard. Below you'll find my honest review.

If you're a fan of Stephen King, then I'm going to recommend you immediately get your hands on a copy of Black River Orchard. Chuck Wendig is an incredible writer, and some of his other novels have been very reminiscent of King, especially The Book of Accidents. But this one is a masterpiece, and comparing it to King is the highest praise I can think of for someone in the genre.

It starts with a slow burn - introducing the town, the characters, their histories, and of course, the apple. Obviously, you know the apple isn't going to be a good thing, and as you watch each character have their choice to take a bite, you pray they make the right decision.

As things heat up, and the apple's magic begins its work, the book goes directly into "almost impossible to put down" territory.

So go on, pick up this book and take a bite. You won't regret it... but beware the apple.

HIGHLY recommended.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment