Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Review: The Book That Wouldn’t Burn

The Book That Wouldn’t Burn The Book That Wouldn’t Burn by Mark Lawrence
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Thanks to Netgalley and Berkley for gifting me an advanced copy. Below is my honest review.

Mark Lawrence is one of those authors that just knows how to set up a world. This is probably my favorite of his so far.

The Library (capital intended) is a timeless repository of everything ever written. Basically, it's a bibliophile's dream come true! There are cool agents of the library, assistants who help librarians and just happen to be semi-robotic type creatures, varied in shape as humanoids and different animals.

The story also has a Magician's Nephew type aspect to it, and I'll leave it at that to avoid spoilers, but let's just say that it's a really, really good story.

My biggest annoyance? I got an early copy of book one, and I knew better than to read the first book in a Mark Lawrence trilogy this early, because now I have to wait, and wait, and wait (because they come out once a year!).

Five stars, highly recommended.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment