Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Friday, February 24, 2023

Review: The Last Kingdom

The Last Kingdom The Last Kingdom by Steve Berry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Thanks to Netgalley and Grand Central Publishing for the gift of an advanced copy. You'll find my honest review below.

If you've followed me for a while, you know that the Cotton Malone series is one of my long time favorites. You'll also know that installment #16, The Kaiser's Web, earned a mediocre rating from me - mostly because at the end, Cotton Malone did something completely out of character in my opinion.

Last year, we received a Steve Berry novel that wasn't in the Cotton Malone series and it was fantastic.

This year, we get installment #17, The Last Kingdom. Cotton's story takes him to Germany again, like in book 16, but this one was back to form.

The Last Kingdom had twists, turns, betrayals, revelations, and the introduction of a character that I think will end up being the in the upcoming Luke Daniels spinoff with our favorite Frat Boy.

All in all, a fun romp through Bavaria. Can't wait for more Cotton (and honestly anything else from Steve Berry as well).

Four stars, definitely recommended (but read the rest of the series first!).

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment