Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind

(Originally published on my blog Your Rainy Day Reading List on 1/29/2013)

(Sword of Truth #1)

It's not often that a book blows me away so hard that it immediately jumps up into my top favorites of all times, but this book succeeded.

Two or so years ago, my partner and I watched "Legend of the Seeker" on Netflix.  We'd never heard of it before, it was only two seasons and not currently on TV anymore, and it seemed like a fun concept.  We loved it!

Once I found out that it was based off of a book series, I knew that I just had to read them eventually.  After a year of minimal reading (2012, don't ask!) and a bunch of other books, I found the Kindle version I had forgotten that I had purchased.

This story has everything you could ask for in a novel:  adventure, betrayal, magic, romance, true love, friendship, empathy, wickedness, honor, terror, hope, and so much more.

I can't wait to read the rest of the series, and lucky for me, there are QUITE a few! :)

Amazon.com: Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind

No comments:

Post a Comment