Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Review: The Olympian Affair

The Olympian Affair The Olympian Affair by Jim Butcher
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Thanks to Netgalley and Berkley for gifting me an advanced copy. Below you'll find my honest review.

I'm really torn on this one. The parts I loved were definitely worthy of 5 stars - mostly Abigail's storyline, the interactions with Folly, and everything involving Bridget/Benedict/Rowl/Fenli. I also liked the redemption ARC of a certain character, and the masterful development of some of the characters.

But there were a lot of places that felt like they needed more editing. There were sections that felt very repetitive, storylines that built and then were dismissed with no payoff, and lots of scenes that just weren't necessary to really push the story forward. This book could have lost probably 50-100 pages and been better off for it. So for those sections, which I still enjoyed for the most part, I'd have to give 3 stars.

That averages out to 4 stars. I really like the world, and absolutely adore some of the characters - the cats especially.

Recommended for those who enjoyed the first one and can deal with a little rambling.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment