Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Review: Long Past Dues

Long Past Dues Long Past Dues by James J. Butcher
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Thanks to Netgalley and Berkley for the early copy of this one! Below you'll find my honest review.

The author has definitely honed his craft some more!!! This one was fantastic, and really delivered a solid plot, moving at just the right pace, with just the right reveals. It continues some of the storylines set up in book one, pushing them forward and leaving just enough threads dangling for you to know there's more to come without the plot of *this one* feeling unfinished.

The villain in this one was clever. I figured it out early on, but didn't figure out the connections to the main and side plots, so that was a nice surprise.

I really like the character of Wudge. Wildly entertaining, that one. I also love how Grimsby fights for Mayflower as well. And Rayne's story from the first gets amped up in this one, too, as all the storylines head for a big crash into each other near the end.

Recommended for fans of urban fantasy, but please read book one first. :) Can't wait for book three!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment