Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Review: The Coldest Girl in Coldtown

The Coldest Girl in Coldtown The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Holly Black,

I don't know why I haven't read more of your stuff! I've read only The Darkest Part of the Forest before this one, a year or two ago, and really liked it, so I'm not sure why it's taken me this long to pick up another of your books. My mistake! I loved the flawed characters in this one, the depth of the worldbuilding without info-dumping, the creativity. Also, thanks for making sure you put representation into your book. Some people might call it "the liberal agenda," but I'll gladly wear that intended insult as a badge of honor - fighting for diversity, inclusion, love over hate, acceptance, representation... none of those things are negatives in my book.

Alas, this is only a standalone. Such a shame, as I'd love to see more of this world. :) Maybe a sequel in the future? :)

Yours,
Steven

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment