Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Review: The September House

The September House The September House by Carissa Orlando
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Thanks to Netgalley and Berkley for gifting me an early copy. Below you'll find my honest review.

I am absolutely floored by the quality of this debut! I will definitely be keeping an eye on Orlando's career and reading her future novels.

This one is a horror novel, yes, but it's one of those that you're never quite sure what's going on - is it in her head, is it real, are we even following actual events - all of those usual questions involved with a psychological horror story.

I won't spoil the truth, but I will say, regardless of whether they exist or not, Orlando has created some amazing secondary characters in the forms of the spirits, including the supposed antagonist of the novel. Then she goes about setting up the "is it real or not" angle perfectly. It made the book really hard to put down, as it was compelling.

Highly recommended for horror fans. I will definitely be on the lookout for news of subsequent novels from Carissa Orlando, as this one was a gem!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment