Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Review: The Stardust Thief

The Stardust Thief The Stardust Thief by Chelsea Abdullah
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Thanks to Netgalley and Orbit for gifting me an advanced copy. Below is my honest review.

WOW. That is a debut! This book was a fun romp through the wild heat of the desert, steeped in magic and dripping with violence (but not in a gory way).

I loved the magic in this book. The jinns were fantastic, their magics and histories were intriguing, and while the beginning was a little slow to get going (which I think was a mood thing for me and nothing to do with the book itself), it picked up pretty quickly. The relics were so much fun - think Xiaolin Showdown meets A Thousand and One Nights.

But do you know what is disappointing? I read this one early... which means my wait for book two will be longer than the average reader. *stomps feet* Not fair!

Highly recommended. Definitely will pick up book two as soon as it's available to me!!! While in London for vacation this past week, we went the famous Piccadilly Circus 6 floor Waterstones. They had multiple displays of this one... and anyone nearby who was looking at it got my recommendation!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment