Welcome

Welcome to my train of thought. Just a warning, there might be turbulence. I'm a little eccentric, but hopefully you'll find something here that'll make the crazy worth it. Stay tuned for book reviews, ramblings on random things, and all sorts of stuff that tickles my fancy. But keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. My brain is a scary place!

Thursday, July 6, 2017

Review: The Woman in Cabin 10

The Woman in Cabin 10 The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Ruth Ware has crafted a Christie-esque mystery, minus some of the charm of the "olden-days" of Dame Agatha's writing.

Ware has a way with words -- she crafted some great characters and truly excelled at building the setting of the book and making it feel alive and foreboding and scary and cut off from the world.

My biggest gripe was that the first 60-70% of the book was slow, and that there was all of this buildup. We never quite got to the "Poirot rules out suspects" parts because the answer is smacked across your face in a reveal that turns this from mystery to thriller.

I did figure out what was going on -- it was fairly obvious after reading so many Christie novels and mystery/thriller, but that didn't detract from my enjoyment - it just made me more interested in seeing how it would all play out. Decent little twist at the end. :)

Overall, enjoyed it. Fun read for a beach weekend or a rainy summer day.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment